The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences is arranging a two-day meeting 8-9 November 2022, named “Security and preparedness in the changing north – research perspectives“. Tuesday 13.30 INTERACT will be presented under the title “Making access to terrestrial infrastructures and data in the Arctic”.
With this symposium they aim to cover a wide range of research questions, highlighted in five different themes:
- Access to infrastructure and data for Definitions of the Arctic vary according to environmental, geographical, political, cultural and scientific perspectives. Some scientists define the Arctic as areas having a high latitude, long winters, short, cool summers,... More research
- Forecasting the changing ice, ocean and weather conditions
- Conditions for livelihoods, health, and ecosystems
- Impacts of According to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, climate change is change in the climate of the whole Earth or a region of the Earth that is believed... More – effects and actions
- Geopolitics (Governance), security and defense